GITS - Industry Partnership Mission
The professional institutions have several stakeholders among whom Industry is one of the most significant as they have several complementary strengths as well as requirements. The major source of skilled and qualified manpower for Industry comes from these institutions. They also provide technological solutions to the problems arising in Industry - both short term as well as long term - through Consultancy and R&D.
Industry not only provides livelihood to the Technical Graduates, but also guide the institutions on curricula as well as provide Industry Professionals as adjunct faculty to the Technical Institutions. Industry and Technical Institutions depend on each other and derive benefit from mutual interaction; this is 'symbiosis'. In partnership with each other, Industry and Technical Institutions, by promoting activities which are in phase and in resonance, much more can be achieved than individually; this is 'synergy'.
The GITS aims at win-win partnerships, and champions on either side to catalyze as well as sustain the partnership.
The GITS-Industry forms an important activity as its stakeholders will interact with the real world. Firstly, the students are benefited due to exposure to current industry practices, curriculum updating is possible as and when changes occur in technology, faculty get sensitized to the latest practices leading them to blend practice with usual theoretical teaching methods.
On successful interaction, Industry may realize that GITS has more to offer by way of solving their short term and long term technical problems, provide a manpower resource pool with good industry orientation and a source for updating the knowledge sets of its personnel.
The objectives of the GITS-Industry Partnership Cell
- Organization of Workshops, seminars on topics of current practices such as Skill Development, Globalization, Energy Audit, TQM, ISO 9000, Real Time Operating Systems, Needs of the consumer, Computerized Financial Accounting, Metrology & Quality Control etc.
- Holding Exhibition of student’s projects useful for the industry and also on new technologies.
- Extending technological support to the industries by way of offering Sophisticated Equipment for analysis, Testing Facilities, Consultancy Services, energy audit etc.
- Signing the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with leading industries to associate on works of mutual interests such as for the training of the students, their placement, training courses to industries, organizing extension lectures etc.
- The GITS aims at making G-I partnership an income generating activity through organization of continuing education Programmes, sponsored research projects, testing and consultancy.
Code of Conduct for Students and Faculty Members
- Each member of GITS family will work with honesty, sincerity, total dedication and actively participate in all activities for the overall development of the profession and the institution.
- The staff will contribute for the Total Personality Development of the students so they can play a positive role for the building up of the society and Nation, to enable them to get placement in best organizations and create the name of the country and the institution.
- They will regularly up date their knowledge, skill and qualification with best achievements to set an example for the others.
Code of Conduct
- Every one will report on duty punctually and shall remain in the institute for the full period required according to the law and the rules.
- Every one will perform his daily task with full devotion and commitment to the satisfaction of the stakeholders.
- The students will honestly and religiously observe all the Rules (Discipline, Library, NCC, Games, Canteen, Hostel, etc.) and deposit all dues of the institute in time.
- Every one will wear sober and decent clothes and footwear with hair cut/dressed.
- The students will wish all the teachers and other staff and also to each other, when meet first time of the day, on celebrations such as Deepawali, Hoil, Id, Christmas, New Year etc.
- Each one will give respect to the teachers, seniors, staff, girls and handicaps in institute premises, functions, bus etc. by offering way, seat, space, picking baggage or in any other ways to show courtesy and respect to them.
The member of GITS fraternity
- Will discharge their duties and contribute to the society as its good and responsible citizen.
- Will follow all the laws of land and rules, wherever they are
- Will not involve them in any unlawful activity, anywhere and any time
- They will contribute in their life to build up the institute, society, city, state and nation, when opportunity arises or asked for
Introduction of Teacher Guardian System
The institute has adopted the advisory system, wherein each class has been put under a teacher, who is supposed to develop good rapport with the student and advise them on all issues related to his study. In addition, it has been decided to adopt Guardian System, wherein, each teacher will have 20 students attached to him. He will act as his Institute’s Guardian and monitor his activities, performance, attendance and establish contacts with his family. The student will remain attached to same teacher for the entire period of his/her stay at the Institute and shall extend him necessary advice for his placement, future planning including opportunities for higher studies.
They will identify the deficiencies of each student at the time of entry and provide additional input by way of guidance, extra classes and courses in soft-skill development. They will also help and make arrangements for holding extra classes for students who may not pass examination in one attempt.
The Guardians, in consultation and help of HoDs /other staff, will conduct mock interviews; guide them in bio-data preparation, dressing habits in order to help the students in seeking employment and take necessary steps to impress upon them to maintain discipline in the campus.
Feedback on the Performance of Faculty Members
The GES Management has decided to adopt the procedure of the Feed Back from the students and senior faculty and laid down following procedure:
At the end of each semester, the students will be given a Performa for giving the feed back about the teacher and teaching methodology/ability so as to analyze and make improvement for future teaching.
The Director, HoD or a senior faculty will attend some of the Lectures occasionally and also give opinion his/her to the Director/HoDs.
The Feedback reports will be analyzed by the Director and based on the report/assessment letter of appreciation or the opportunity for further enhancing the capabilities will be given.
Involvement of Students in Faculty Recruitment Process
The GES society has taken a decision to involve all the stakeholders such as Management, University, Teachers and Students in recruitment of the faculty. The following procedure will be followed for the purpose:
The candidate will be interviewed by the Selection Board, which will have representation from Management, Affiliating University, Teaching and Institute’s Administration. The Board will ask the candidate to deliver a lecture to the students and in the presence of the Director and other staff, who so ever is present and than short list the candidates on the basis of their record, academic performance, interview and teaching ability and than finalize its recommendations.
GES’s Commitment in Fulfilling Social Commitments
The GES has taken a decision to involve itself in major social rebuilding activities for the students and also for the residents of nearby areas. The GITS is committed to meet its social obligations and rise to the expectation of the people and the society on all occasions. The Director GITS will work out such programmes for the benefit of the peoples and implement these with the support of the faculty and other Experts. He will also activate other organizations and mobilize resources for carrying out these activities.
It has been decided, at the first instance, to impart free training to the Youths of the nearby villages for Self Employment. Similar trainings will also be organized for the Girls/Women of the area and to motivate them to form Self Help Groups.
Further, for the students and youths, for their self-development, courses such as Reiki, Art of Living, Meditation and Yoga will be organized to help them in living a life full of joy.